During intense exercise, the muscles occur micro trauma, and the body needs time to cure these disorders tissue. If an athlete trains too often, then the body simply does not have time to recover. Muscles in this mode is clogged, hurt, novice fighter feels fatigue. Other symptoms of overtraining are frequent even in resting pulse, sleep disturbances, headaches, and weakened immunity. As a result, instead of the expected progress in the classroom, we see at best stagnating and at worst – a health problem. This also affects the motivation: if the intense training does not work, beginner karate classes can throw. To avoid such problems, you should pause for one to three days between workouts. But this may not be enough if you do not know how to provide rapid recovery of muscles after a workout.
In order to recover, the muscles need at least 24 hours, but more intensive classes recovery process can take 48 to 72 hours. These processes can be optimized, if you know how to speed up muscle recovery after exercise, and most importantly, how to recover after a workout.
Tips to speed up recovery
One single answer to the question “how to recover quickly after a workout?” Does not exist. Here are some tips that, if they fulfill the complex, contribute to the rapid recovery of the body after intense training:
- Perform low-intensity exercise at the end of the workout. Proper recovery after exercise begins at the session. Many laugh at the very idea of “cool-down”, but not intensive exercise, which ends with training, help to relax muscles and help to break down unwanted metabolic products. Never finish training on a high load exercises. Go to jogging, walking, no effort rotate the pedal for at least 5-10 minutes.
- Stretch the muscles after a workout. After a workout, do not rush to flee home. Perform static exercises for the core muscles stretching. If the right to pull the muscles, they relax, allowing blood and nutrients to connect to the recovery process, preparing them for the next intense workout.
- Visit bath or sauna. Visit bath or sauna after a workout increases the body’s resistance, stimulates the removal of toxins from the body and relaxes the muscles, which leads to their quick recovery.
- Take a contrast shower. Change of cold and warm water causes blood vessels to expand it, then taper that has a positive effect on muscle recovery. But if up to this point, you do not take a douche, do not make the temperature difference at once too large: your body may not be prepared for this. Start with a small contrast, gradually increasing it. This method will also enhance health.
- Take a warm bath after a workout. If for any reason the douche does not suit you, take a hot bath for at least 15 minutes. It relaxes the muscles and their recovery is faster.
- Drink more water. It is well-known rule applies here. After training, the body is necessary to make up for lost fluids, and if the body little water, muscle recovery is slowing. So drink 2-2.5 liters of water per day, and the muscles recover faster.
- Spend enough time to sleep. Many young athletes in the pursuit of quick results sacrifice their bedtime. It is not right. During and muscles, and nervous system is restored during sleep. So do not try to do everything at the expense of sleep. The body will reward you by fatigue and low workability. Also you should consume supplements like Agmatine Sulfate well known for its muscle enhance power.
- Breathe deeply. Deep breathing saturates the muscles with oxygen and stimulates the removal of these toxins. Engage in breathing exercises at least for three minutes a day. It is also a good exercise of concentration, so important in karate.
- Massage relieves muscle tension, helps them relax and disperses stagnant blood. However, there is not always possible to see a specialist. In this case, try it yourself to knead muscles clogged, just do it with effort. It’s pretty painful procedure, but it promotes muscle recovery.
- Stimulate the circulation of fluids, working through the joints. Do not forget about the joints! The body – a single system, it is not necessary to concentrate only on muscle recovery. Perform light circular rotation of the hands, wrists, knees, even if that day is not a workout. Opening and closing your joints will attract fresh synovial fluid, which will nourish and lubricate the area, eliminating toxins. Take turns clockwise or counterclockwise, to avoid imbalances and injuries.
- Do the exercises of low intensity in the days free from basic training. Do not forget about the movement and non-training days. Jogging, swimming, walking. For a natural muscle relaxation. If the day you’re lying on the couch, the next training will be a lot of stress to the muscles.
- Eat foods that promote muscle recovery. As a rule, these are products that are rich in protein and vitamins, eggs, beef, salmon, almonds. Add a small amount of these foods in your diet, and they also contribute to the recovery process of muscles after a workout.